Web Business Blogger for ShoppingMallDC.com! It's packed full of Business Newsletters & Political advice!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Was Lucky

 


Dear Friends,

Help the fight against cancer! Support my ride for the Jimmy Fund.


This one isn't political, but I hope you'll give me a chance to ask you to join me in something bigger than just politics.

One thing I know is that cancer changes you -- whether you have it yourself or know someone who battles it.

I am proud to be a cancer survivor with a clean bill of health since 2003.

Not everyone in my life has been so lucky. The same cancer I had took my father almost seven years ago, and cancer took my former wife-my children's mother-last year.

It's for them, and for all of the people who may get the disease, that I ride in the Pan Mass Challenge again this year -- I hop on my bike this Saturday. This race raises money for cancer research and treatment. We've made great strides in those areas; I'm living proof of that -- but those we all know and love who weren't so lucky remind us we have more miles to go than there are miles in this race.

So, please, go here and support my ride with a pledge of support. Help raise money for this important cause.

The money raised will go to the Jimmy Fund. Anyone who grows up in New England knows all about the Jimmy Fund. As a New Englander, I still remember those photos in the newspaper and those ads between innings -- the images of our heroes Ted Williams and Yaz asking each of us to pitch in to help children struggling to beat cancer. There's a reason The Jimmy Fund sign is there on The Green Monster in Fenway Park, a fact which will be brought home to all of us in Red Sox Nation when Jon Lester pitches from the Fenway mound for the first time very soon on his own courageous comeback journey. This is an outstanding charity that has done decades of important work, and last year this race represented a full 50% of the income of the Jimmy Fund. So this is a very important event for a cornerstone organization in our fight against cancer.

Please help me support the Jimmy Fund.

I've worn a yellow "Live Strong" bracelet since I was given my first one at a rally in Sioux City, Iowa by a woman I will never forget. It's a reminder to me of how lucky I am, and how much more work we need to do. I'll ride on Saturday with thousands of others, leading a team of folks who work in my office, with that woman in Sioux City in mind, as well as all the others affected by cancer.

Thank you,

John Kerry


Company Information
129 Portland Street, Boston, MA, 02114-2014

info@johnkerry.com
http://www.johnkerry.com


 Paid For By John Kerry For U.S. Senate


Followers